image1

305 Fitness Audition Mix

Photo cred: 305 Fitness | Twitter

In between gigs, I often browse Craigslist to see if I can get a booking or two and I stumbled upon an ad with the title "DJ for Fitness Class." It's a part time gig for a DJ who loves to spin pop, top 40 and electronic dance music (EDM). Starting out, the DJ would be booked for 2-6 class per week and over a course of a few months, 5-15 classes a week. 

To apply, a 5-10 minute sample mix must be submitted along with a 1 paragraph description expressing interest in the position. Before submitting anything, applicants are required to listen to a sample mix by their DJ, which you can listen to by clicking here. Within the 5-10 minute sample mix, applicants must use the following songs in no particular order:

Mmm Yeah - Austin Mahone
Got Me Good - Ciara
Exotic - Priyanka Chopra
Jealous - Chromeo
Yala - M.I.A.
Sweat - Snoop Dogg Featuring David Guetta
Scream - Usher
Body Ache - Britney Spears
Control - Missy Elliot
Big Dipper - The Cataracts
Outisde- Calvin Harris
Blame - Calvin Harris Featuring John Newman

I made sure I had all the tracks then mixed together an audition mix. You can check out my mix below and sound off in the comment section with your thoughts. Wish me luck! 

*****UPDATE 11/6/15*****

I was offered the job and accepted the position!


Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment